Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Walliams confirms upcoming Doctor Who role


By David Hewitt

David Walliams is to yet again raid the BBC's costume department wardrobes for an upcoming role in Doctor Who.

The comedian, who only recently celebrated the news that the broadcaster has signed he and Matt Lucas up for a second series of Come Fly With Me, is to play an alien in the popular sci-fi show.

While details of his role in the sixth series of the current run of the show are being kept to a minimum, Walliams admitted on BBC Radio 2 that he had no hesitation in accepting the invitation, even if it effectively brings to an end his hopes of playing the Time Lord himself.

"I've been offered a part in Doctor Who, which I'm very, very excited about," he said.

"I've said yes. I don't think I can say much, but I'll say I'm an alien."

As well as gearing up for this latest acting challenge, the 38-year-old will also spend the summer months getting ready for another of his ambitious sporting endeavors.

Having already swam the Channel and cycled the length of Britain, Walliams is now planning on swimming the 215 miles of the River Thames for the Sport Relief charity fundraising drive in September. ADNFCR-8000010-ID-800391583-ADNFCR


***UK Net Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment