Saturday, February 19, 2011

Not Pagan, but Fabulous! New Radiohead Video!!!

Boogie Oogie Oogie
Last Monday, Radiohead announced the release of a new album titled The King of Limbs which was due to be released today. Instead, people who pre-ordered the album were allowed to download the album yesterday … the same day that the band’s music video for the song Lotus Flower was released. In the video, Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke dances around to the song … busting out a few moves that surprised even me.

The video is … interesting. I’m not sure it’s the sort of video that I envision when I listen to the song. In all honesty, it’s difficult not to want to laugh and make fun of this video … I mean, it’s just Thom Yorke dancing around in a bowler hat … but, it’s deffo unexpected. And if there’s one thing we know about Radiohead, it’s that they like to do the unexpected. In case you’re curious about the dance moves featured in this video, you can read THIS article by NME that breaks down all of the various moves that Thom is using in this dance routine. As for The King of Limbs … I love it. I listened to the whole thing on my plane ride from LA to NYC yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I think it’ll take a few more listens for me to really form an opinion on the album but I did like it at first listen. As for this video, well, I love that Thom is putting himself out there like this. I can respect a man that is bold enough to dance around in a bowler … can you?
 
Thank you Pink is the New Blog

Tagged: , Music Videos, Screencaps, Video, WTF?!

No comments:

Post a Comment