Saturday, March 19, 2011

Original Wonder Woman Lynda Carter Comments On New Wonder Woman Adrianne Palicki

Yesterday we got our first look at the new Wonder Woman costume worn by the new Wonder Woman actress Adrianne Palicki and as you may recall, the outfit was met with a lot of resistance and not a lot of love from WW fans. Today we get to hear from original Wonder Woman actress Lynda Carter and her personal thoughts on new incarnation of Wonder Woman and, as you might expect from a classy lady like Carter, she had only positive things to say about the new WW costume and Adrianne Palicki in particular.
As soon as the photo of Adrianne Palicki as the new Wonder Woman was released today, the big question was: What does the original think of the revamped Amazonian superhero? Well, guess who I just talked to? Yup, Lynda Carter! Here’s what she had to say … “I think she looks fabulous,” said Carter, who originated the role in the classic (and oh-so-campy!) series in the mid-’70s. “It’s a new look and, jeez, her body looks fantastic.” Carter wants everyone to give Palicki a chance. “You know, I’m very sensitive to the fact that she will be compared,” Carter said. “There’s no getting around it. It is what it is. I would hope that people would cut her some slack. “I’m sure there will be people who say she looks better than me and like her better than me—and that’s also fine,” she continued. “I want this story to be told again. I’m really excited. I can’t wait to see it.” The series is being remade by legal eagle television writer David E. Kelley. And yes, Carter says, they’ve already talked about her making an appearance. “It’s not out of the question,” she said. “It would be great.”


I am not at all surprised to hear that Lynda Carter is the biggest cheerleader for the new Wonder Woman. For me, personally, I have no issue at all at this point with Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman. From what I hear about her acting, she will likely make a great Amazonian hero. My issue is with the cheap-looking costume. It’s amazing to me that Lynda Carter, wearing the original WW costume which is far more revealing, can look classy (and yes campy) while Adrianne wearing the new pleather WW costume (which covers more skin) looks trashy and cheap. Ugh. I just don’t see Wonder Woman in the new costume. But … it looks like the costume is here to stay. As for Lynda Carter‘s possible appearance on the new show … wouldn’t it be amazing if Carter ended up playing the role of Queen HippolytaDiana/Wonder Woman‘s mother? But, I can’t get exited about what could be when I’m so worried about what IS already decided. I do not love the new costume. I do NOT love what I’m hearing about the show’s plot and the character development of Wonder Woman. We’ll have to wait and see how things turn out but … not even Lynda Carter‘s endorsement at this point can alleviate my concern about what is being done to Wonder Woman :(

No comments:

Post a Comment