Saturday, January 22, 2011

Winona's telepathy with Tim Burton

Winona Ryder says she has a "telepathic" relationship with Tim Burton.


The Dilemma actress is reuniting with the director following a 20-year hiatus to voice a character in his forthcoming film Frankenweenie.


"I've always had telepathy with him, where he just has to make a tiny movement and I know exactly what he means - it's almost like a silent telepathic relationship we have when he's directing me," she said.


While she doesn't spill the beans on her character, Winona, who first worked with Tim on Beetlejuice, is excited to collaborate again.


"It's my third time working with him, which is thrilling for me. He's a dear friend, a brilliant guy and a brilliant filmmaker so I'm just so thrilled to work with him again," she said.


"It's been 25 years since I first met him. I've done one session so far. I don't know how much I'm allowed to say. It's a full-length version of a short animated film that he did early on before Beetlejuice."


Frankenweenie, about a boy who tries to bring his dog back to life after it is hit by a car, also features the voices of Catherine O'Hara, Martin Landau and Martin Short.


While the original short was in live-action, the new movie will be made using stop-motion animation for release in 3D in spring next year.


:: The Dilemma is in cinemas now.

No comments:

Post a Comment