Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rose McGowan Raised In A Cult

Take 40



Rose McGowan, ex-fiance of shock rockerMarilyn Manson and star of the 2007 cult film 'Planet Terror' has revealed gruesome details behind her upbringing in a religious cult. 

The stars parents were a part of the Children of God cult that teaches young girls to be subservient and promotes polygamy.
McGowan remembers one particularly frightening moment in her childhood when one of the adult leaders cut off a wart on her hand with a razor blade because imperfections were frowned upon by the faith's leaders. 
"I had a little wart on my thumb, and I remember walking down this hallway- a door opened and some adult grabbed me and just cut it off with a razor blade and stuck me back out in the hallway with it still bleeding." 
McGowan's family decided to flee the cultafter the church started to condone sexual relationships between adults and children. Rose McGowan remembers it as a terrifying chapter in her childhood and is grateful that she made it out relatively unscathed. 
"As strong as I like to think I've always been, I'm sure I could have been broken. I know I got out by the skin of my teeth." 

No comments:

Post a Comment