Monday, August 8, 2011

Christopher Nolan SWEARS Anne Hathaway Will Make A Great Catwoman

**Note from me - She HAS to be better than Halle Berry!


Pink is the New Blog

With all the criticism going around regarding Anne Hathaway’s portrayal of Catwoman in the upcoming film Batman: The Dark Knight Rises (a portrayal, I might add, none of us has even actually seen yet), there is some encouraging information out there as well. The fan site Batman-News.com is reporting that a source has contacted them with information that leads them to believe that Anne‘s Catwoman might turn out much better than is feared. Of course, it’s all rumor and speculation but … some positivity about the role might be needed right about now. 

When you run a website like Batman-News.com, you get sent tips and “scoops” almost every day. I do my best to filter out the BS, and just deliver news from reliable sources here. Back in June I received a tip from a source claiming to know details about Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises. One of the things mentioned was “she steals the Batpod” and at the time, I thought that sounded too cool to be true. Well, now Warner Bros. has officially released a picture of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman on top of the Batpod, which means there’s probably some truth in that report I received. Here it is in full… if you’re avoiding details about Catwoman’s backstory, you may not want to continue. Catwoman is apparently one of the most well written characters we’ve seen in these movies so far and she could potentially steal the show the way Heath Ledger did last time. She does some cool stuff in the movie like jumping out of windows and stealing the Batpod. Her back story is that she has a history of abuse and works as a stripper and is also a pickpocket. And if you weren’t blown away by Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman costume, don’t worry. A completely separate source informed me that Catwoman will be wearing a cowl at some point in The Dark Knight Rises. I’m not as confident in this source yet, so I’m passing this info along for the sake of discussion. As always this should be taken as rumor until it’s proven to be official, but I have no reason to doubt the accuracy in the first report regarding Selina Kyle’s backstory.
Okay … to be clear, I have NO problem believing that the writing is going to be awesome. I also have no problem believing that the Selina Kyle backstory will be amazing. I just don’t *personally* believe yet that Anne will “steal the show” in the same way Heath Ledger did with his portrayal of The Joker in The Dark Knight. BUT … I am willing to reserve judgment. We still have a LONG time to wait before we get to see the movie but … well … that means we have a lot of time to be speculative in the meantime ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment