Wednesday, August 17, 2011

'I don’t know if I would have made it without it': Kelly Preston credits Scientology for helping her deal with son's death

Daily Mail



Kelly Preston has spoken out about how she got through the most difficult time of her life; the devastating death of her son Jett.

The actress and wife of John Travolta has praised her Scientology religion for helping her cope with the ordeal.
The 48-year-old says she doesn't know what she would have done without her beloved faith.
Praise: Kelly Preston seen here on the September 2011 cover of Heath magazine with nine-month-old son Benjamin, has praised her Scientology for helping her cope with the death of her son Jett
Praise: Kelly Preston seen here with nine-month-old son Benjamin, has praised Scientology for helping her cope with the death of her son Jett
'To be honest, [it was] the Scientology centre. I don’t know if I would have made it through without it,' she told Health magazine in their recent September 2011 issue.
Jett died suddenly on January 2, 2009, aged 16, from a seizure disorder while the family holidayed at a villa at the Old Bahama Bay resort.
Kelly's husband John had also spoken out in the past about how he was getting daily Scientology counselling for his grief.
One of the highest profile members of the church of Scientology, he is known to have turned to his faith in the aftermath of the death.
He told USA Today in 2009: 'We've been working very hard every day as a family to heal.
'We have our own way of doing it, and it has been helping.'
Overjoyed: Kelly, seen here in a second cover of the September edition of the magazine, said she couldn't contain her excitement when she found out she was pregnant with Benjamin
Overjoyed: Kelly, seen here on a second cover of the September edition of the magazine, couldn't contain her excitement when she found out she was pregnant 
'It's a tricky thing,' he added.
'Sometimes, something that's right for the moment is not right the next day.
'Being with people who are important to you, being with people that you love, I think that's what has primarily helped us the most. Sometimes, being alone, too.'
The birth of Kelly and John's son now nine-month-old son Benjamin in November last year was also a huge blessing to the family, including their 11-year-old daughter Ella Bleu, after such a tragic and trying time.
Kelly said she couldn't contain her excitement when she found out she was pregnant. 
Tragic: Kelly and John's son Jett, pictured here in a family portrait with their daughter Ella Bleu, far left, died suddenly on January 2, 2009, aged 16, from a seizure disorder
Tragic: Kelly and John's son Jett, pictured here in a family portrait with their daughter Ella Bleu, far left, died suddenly on January 2, 2009, aged 16
'We [had been trying] for quite a few years…When I found out I was pregnant, I was floored. I’d snuck out of bed and then came back and woke Johnny up in bed. We both started crying. It was wonderful,' she told Health magazine.
The actress says she has always wanted to be a mother.
'I’ve always wanted to be a mother, ever since I was 11...I was doing commercials for thousands of dollars, but I’d still babysit for $3 an hour just because I loved it.'
In the interview, Kelly also admits that at times she still has to pinch herself about being married to the Grease star.
Happiness: John beams as he holds onto baby Benjamin during a stroll in New York City this June
Happiness: John beams as he holds onto baby Benjamin during a stroll in New York City this June
'I’ll be sitting there [in our Florida home] doing something really normal with the kids and then all of a sudden I hear, ‘Whoosh!’ and see the lights of the airplane and he’s like, ‘Honey, I’m home!’'
And while she now may be a devout Scientologist, Kelly also revealed that she used to live a very liberal life.
'I don’t drink, I don’t smoke, I don’t do drugs. I’ve done all of that. And now, I live a really clean life.'
Click here to see more of Kelly's cover issue
 

No comments:

Post a Comment