Tuesday, December 13, 2011

George Lucas Offers Small Update on INDIANA JONES 5

We have already agreed on a genre for the fifth movie, we already have a concept in mind.


The words of Steven Spielberg, who recently told Entertainment Weekly this. Via Vulture, George Lucas basically contradicted that statement at the US premiere of The Adventures of Tintin. He said the following: 


Actually, I told him I didn't have it yet. I told him about the story, but I really haven't found the MacGuffin yet. I mean, I know what it's about, but I just have to find a MacGuffin that fits into the arena we're working in.


Vulture then asked the director "Will Indiana's considerably extended family factor into the movie?" To which he replied, 


Yeah, we'll see!


It seems that whenever Steven Spielberg is asked about the movie, he just bounces it over to Lucas and is obviously giving the fans incorrect information. I for one would prefer if the family factor did NOT feature in the movie, as I felt that it was one of the main reasons that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was so bad. 


The movie is heavily rumoured to be set in the 1960's, so what do you guys think the movie will be about? Acclaimed writer Frank Darabont was once hired to write Indy 4, under the title Indiana Jones and the City of Gods and as I have read the PDF file of it (it leaked online, you can find it HERE) and it is much, much better than what the final product was. Sadly, Spielbrg loved it but Lucas hated it. 


I hope that the movie is a mix of the Darabont script and the Bermuda Triangle rumours floating around a few years ago, but that's just my opinion. Take a look at the screenpla if you wish and sound off your ideas for a fifth Indy movie below!


MovieMaster
12/13/2011
Vulture

No comments:

Post a Comment