Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Stevie Nicks Supports The Troops, Touched By Experiences Visiting Veterans' Hospitals

Stevie Nicks supports the troops.
Stevie has been visiting hospitals of wounded soldiers and says she was moved by the soldiers.
Stevie said the following about her experiences:
I have been (to visit wounded soldiers) many times. It’s something I do now because many are very injured, and they need help, and they need people
They need people to send money to the USO and to the Wounded Warriors, and they need people just to be aware of what these kids (have sacrificed).
Nicks would write a poem on a particular experience when over 20 naval soldiers were rushed to a hospital she visited.
She would spend the next four years converting it into song.
Stevie chronicles her experience writing Soldiers' Angel:
I went back to my motel and wrote the poem… it took me four years to put it to music. I’ve now given that poem out to hundreds and hundreds of soldiers and their families, their sisters, brothers, moms, dads, grandmothers, nieces, godchildren, everybody. I always told them one day it will be a song.
Soldiers Angel appears on her latest albumIn Your Dreams.
[Image via WENN.]

No comments:

Post a Comment