Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Angelina Jolie: Very Lucky "I Didn't Die Young"

E!


Long before she met Brad Pitt and ultimately became a mother of six children, Angelina Jolie lived life on the edge. And kissing her brother as she would a boyfriend or wearing a vial of blood around her neck was the least of it.


"I went through heavy darker times and I survived them," the Oscar winner said thoughtfully in an interview with 60 Minutes, airing Sunday. "I didn't die young, so I'm very lucky. There are other artists and people who didn't survive certain things."


And what might those "certain things" be?


"I was hoping you'd miss that!" laughed Jolie, whose breakout role was playing doomed supermodel Gia Carangi in 1998, when correspondent Bob Simon asked for more detail.


"Nothing I want to go into a lot of detail about," she said, "but I think people can imagine that I did the most dangerous and I did the worst—and for many reasons I shouldn't be here."


What Jolie did offer, before they presumably moved onto other topics like her family and her feature directorial debut, In the Land of Blood and Honey, was this:


"You think of those too many times where you came close to too many dangerous things, too many chances taken too far," she mused. "I'm still a bad girl. I still have that side of me...It's just in its place now...it belongs to Brad. Or...our adventures."


No comments:

Post a Comment