Monday, April 29, 2013

Oh, My - Michael Fassbender Will Star In An Upcoming Adaptation Of ‘Macbeth’


Pink is the New Blog
As y’all know, Trent‘s been in NYC for the past few days and I’m pretty sure he’s having the best time ever. Even though nothingcompared to our day at the Yankee’s game, I know he also had an amazing time seeing Alan Cumming in his one-man show production of William Shakespeare‘s Macbeth. I got to talk toTrent about it when we hung out and I am sooo obsessed with the idea of going to see this show, lol. Macbeth is a story that, as we know, never gets old and new actors are always coming along to take on the role. Michael Fassbender is now joining the rans of actors who’ve gone Macbeth, which is pretty exciting. I mean,Fassy as MacbethYespleasemorethanyou. Click inside to learn more!
Indiewire has the deets:
Everyone from Sam Worthington (really) to Orson Welles has taken on “Macbeth,” and the Shakespeare play that dare not say it name has been adapted countless time for the stage, television and multiplex. Well, when it comes to the latter, (quality) movie versions have been a bit fewer and far between, so the news that Michael Fassbender might take the lead in “the Scottish play” certainly has our attention.
The actor is attached to a new version of Shakespeare’s work that will be directed by the fast rising “Snowtown” director, Justin Kurzel. Penned by Todd Louiso (the director behind “Love Liza” and “Hello I Must Be Going”) and Jacob Koskoff (who co-penned “The Marc Pease Experience” with Louiso), the story will be the same, set in the 11th century and will be presented in the original dialogue. However, this version will be more “visceral” and contain “significant battle scenes.” And this production is coming together pretty fast.
Plans are underway for the film to shoot later this year, and will seemingly be bumping plans for Kurzel’s adaptation of John Le Carre’s “Our Kind Of Traitor” which had Ralph Fiennes and Mads Mikkelsen lining up. A bit of bummer, but still, Fassy + Macbeth is a combo we won’t argue with. And speaking of the actor who is currently lensing “X-Men: Days Of Future Past,” this is nice meaty project to dive into after the VFX extravaganza. As for Lady Macbeth? Talks are apparently underway with an unnamed “Hollywood leading actress.” Suggestions?
I heard so many good things about this director (Justin Kurzel) and I have to see Snowtown Murders now. I think it’s based on a massacre that took place in Australia. Anyway, I heard good things and I need to catch up on this guy.
Plus, Fassy? Do y’all see him as Macbeth? It’s been ages since I’ve seen a production of the play but it makes perfect sense to me. Then again, there’s not a lot that I don’t see him doing. I think this could definitely be a strong production.

No comments:

Post a Comment