Monday, March 12, 2012

First Look - Kristen Stewart Becomes A Vampire In ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2′


Pink is the New Blog

Last month we got our first look at the first footage from the final installment of TheTwilight Saga film franchise, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, which is due out at the end of this year. As you may recall, the footage we saw last month came from a Target in-store broadcast of exclusive footage aired for fans of the film series that came out for the midnight release of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 on DVD. Today we get to see more of that same kind of grainy Target footage but this time, we get a much better look at protagonist character Bella Swan (played byKristen Stewart) as a vampire. Click below to see Kristen Stewart all pale, dead-eyed and emo … well, more than usual.

The last film finished after Bella Swan was turned into a vampire by her immortal lover Edward Cullen. And now Twilight fans have been given their first look at Bella as a vampire, after a teaser trailer for Breaking Dawn – Part 2 hit the internet. It is believed the trailer was shown at the first instalment in the final story was released on DVD at Target stores in America, with fans quick to post the video online. In the trailer, Bella is seen awakening a vampire after Edward injecting her heart with his venom in a bid to keep both her and their baby Renesmee alive. With red eyes, pale skin and red lips, Bella looked worlds away from the teenager she once was, and on a par with her vampire lover. The video shows Bella analysing a piece of paper torn from a copy of The Merchant Of Venice with the words: ‘Gather as many witnesses as you can before the snow sticks to the ground. That’s when they’ll come for us.’ She tells Edward: ‘It’s strange. Physically I feel like I could demolish a tank. Mentally I feel just drained.’ After suggesting a bath might make her feel better, Edward tells Bella: ‘I’ve had a bad habit of underestimating you. Every obstacle you’ve faced, I’d think you couldn’t overcome it, but you just did. You’re the reason I have something to fight for – a family.’ As a vampire, Bella also finds herself with a super power – a higher level of self-control. In the book, Stephanie Meyer writes that Bella fits in perfectly to the vampire world. Writing as Bella, the book reads: ‘I was amazing now – both to them and to myself. It was like I had been born to be a vampire. The idea made me want to laugh, but it also made me want to sing. I had found my true place in the world, the place I fit, the place I shined.’





Altho this footage is really grainy and it’s pretty hard to decipher what is being said, this is pretty cool footage of the final film. I understand the trailer for Breaking Dawn – Part 2 will show in front of showings of The Hunger Games when the film opens later this month. I have to say, I’m very happy this film franchise is coming to an end. I remember reading the final book, Breaking Dawn, and just shaking my head at the extreme cheesiness of it all. It’s no secret that Stephanie Meyer is not my favorite author but she really has created something that has become a world-wide phenomenon. At last, the dramatic and schlocky tale she authored is coming to an end on the big screen. While the Twilight films don’t really hold much interest for me, I must say … I’m extremely curious to see how K. Stew brings Bella the Vampire to life. I dunno. It might be worth seeing in theaters just to watch it all end. What do y’all think of Bella Vamp? Does she look as badass as you envisioned when you read the books?

No comments:

Post a Comment