Friday, October 7, 2011

Michelle Pfeiffer, Emma Watson & Helen Mirren Sound Off On Plastic Surgery

I'm Not Obsessed


The issue of plastic surgery apparently is still hotly debated in Hollywood. The question about it now, however, seems to be about degree: how much one should get. ‘New Year’s Eve‘ star Michelle Pfeiffer admits she isn’t completely opposed to getting some work done.


“I’m all for a little something here and there – fine. It doesn’t matter to me if people have plastic surgery or they don’t, or if they do Botox. But when people don’t look like themselves anymore, that’s when you kind of go, ‘Oooh,’ and it’s kind of sad. It’s uncomfortable for us, but if they’re happy with what they see in the mirror, does it matter?”


‘Harry Potter’ star Emma Watson, however, isn’t really a fan. At all.


“I do worry about the expectation to look a certain way. I find LA quite scary because of that – all those young people having plastic surgery. But the thing is, I don’t want to look like everyone else. I don’t have perfect teeth, I’m not stick thin. I want to be the person who feels great in her body and can say that she loves it and doesn’t want to change anything.”


Not stick thin? Well, good for Emma for not bowing to pressure! Meanwhile, for “Body of the Year” and “Sexiest Woman Over 50″ Helen Mirren, it’s an age thing.


“The only thing I don’t like on young people is plastic surgery. The purity of youthful beauty is so fantastic to me that it’s horrific when young girls get fake things.”


I have to admit, it does surprise me when I hear about teenagers and twentysomethings getting botox! Who’s views are most similar to yours: Michelle’s, Emma’s, or Helen’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment