Thursday, October 13, 2011

FINALLY!!??!! - Kristen Stewart 'Kinda Sorta' Confirms Her Romance With Robert Pattinson

Pink Is The New Blog
On Monday we got our first look at Twilight actress Kristen Stewart on the cover and in the pages of the new issue of British GQ magazine. Today we get to see more photos from her GQ photospread … but it’s her newly released interview answers that are getting all of the attention today. For MONTHS, there has been much speculation (bolstered by some bit of photographic evidence) that K. Stew has been romantically involved with her Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson. In her interview with GQ, Kristen confirms that she is “so obviously” dating Rob … her “British boyfriend”.


There have been plenty of ‘no comments’, hints here and there, and of course numerous paparazzi photographs oh stolen kisses, holding hands and romantic rendezvous around the globe. But for the first time, Kristen Stewart has admitted frankly to her relationship with co-star Robert Pattinson. Despite the rest of the world accepting it as fact well over a year ago, the stars of Twilight have remained as tight-lipped as possible on the subject, often laughing and joking their way out of answering questions during interviews. And it was only an off-the-cuff comment overheard by a journalist that the 21-year-old even begrudgingly discussed her boyfriend. The actress remarks during her cover photoshoot that she is hoping to explore the UK more during her time here for filming of Snow White and the Hunstman, ‘because my boyfriend is English.’ When the writer comments on the remark the following day during their interview, the famously coy star replied, ‘I never would have said that if I knew you were interviewing me.’ But when it is pointed out that all their fans know about the long-term relationship by now, as her goings-on are so easily monitored in the press, Kristen offers an unexpectedly frank reply. ‘Yeah, I know it is,’ she tells the magazine. ‘So much of my life is so easily Googled. I mean, it’s like, come on guys, it’s so obvious! I don’t think you realise what a big deal it is for people. Well, it is a big deal. They would be “Oh. My. God”. There would also be still a 50/50 split. Some people would still be, “See, told you they’re not together.”’ She continues: ‘I don’t worry about it at all. It’s just one of those things. I’m selfish. I’m like, “That’s mine!” And I like to keep whatever is mine remaining that way. It’s a funny little game to play and it’s a slippery slope. I always say to myself I’m never going to give anything away because there’s never any point or benefit for me.’ Despite previously (and controversially) comparing living her life in front of the paparazzi to being raped, Kristen says: ‘It really is not a nightmare, it’s just one of those things. I guarantee whenever I get married or have a baby, everyone is going to want to know my kid’s name and I’m not going to say it for ages. That’s just the way I want to do it. It’ll come out but it won’t have come from me. They’re going to be really pissed off that I won’t say it and I’m just going to say, “No!” I also have that desire to blurt stuff out, but I’ve learned I can’t do that. Not when you realise the whole world is listening. That’s why perhaps I look so uncomfortable in interviews at times. I mean, we’ve talked about hiding things and I’ve had to get much more adept at that, sadly. But I’m glad I’m not one of those actresses who is just so ready to open up for everyone.’


And there you have it … Kristen and Rob are, in fact, a couple. The world did NOT screech to a halt at that revelation (tho, a few Pattinson fanatics may be a bit miffed by this news). I am unsurprised but happy that — at last — the secret’s out. Now, can we move on? As for these new GQ photos, I think Kristen looks good. I love the 60′s movie star vibe she’s got going on. A+ all around.


So … are you happy, sad or non-committal about Kristen‘s revelation about her Rob romance?


[Source via Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment