Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I just can't! WTF DC?!?!

Truth be told, I have been a very staunch defender of the colossal irritations called the DC Extended Universe.

 
Man of Steel came out and I said, "Hey, at least it was better than 'Superman Returns.'" Bits and pieces of it were fun. Personally, I really enjoyed Amy Adams as Lois Lane. Visually, it was dark, but stunning.

Image result for Man of Steel

 
Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice gave us Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and a decided under-rated Ben Affleck as Batman. I never really was a fan of that AWFUL Christian Bale voice. Also, again dark, but stunning. See a trend here?

Image result for Batman V Superman


Suicide Squad is a guilty pleasure of mine. Feel free to insult my intelligence in the comments section. I love the soundtrack, I love the colours (DC and colours in one article?!?), and I love, love, love Margot Robbie and Will Smith. They were excellent. "All my friends are Heathens, take it slow...." DAMN good soundtrack!!!

Image result for suicide squad

Buy the Soundtrack HERE!!!

 
Well, now comes Wonder Woman, the Wonder Woman film I have been waiting for since I was a child running around my neighbourhood, spinning around in paper bracelets and headband. I am genuinely proud of this film. Not because it's fun, because it is a blast. It was not because the incomparable Patty Jenkins directed and wrote it. It was because of the respect and care they took in knowing the audience and respecting the source material.

Image result for wonder woman film

Now comes Justice League, the tent pole of the series. I HATE Aquaman, but this movie made me excited for damn Aquaman. Today, I have been faced with two news stories that I have not been able to avoid, because Hera knows I have been running from information. 

Image result for justice league

The first one is the news that Rotten Tomatoes is not posting a score until Friday. Why? It has debuted in other countries, but you choose to wait. Do you really need clicks this bad, especially since there are dozens of reviews already out and most people have decided if they are going to "See It/Skip It. I know, first world problem.

 
 
The second item that I could not avoid, despite numerous attempts to, was the Amazon costume review. I have not been this blindsided by an obvious sexist attempt for jiggle dollars (not my term) since that incredibly stupid NBC Wonder Woman pilot from David E. Kelley. I understand that two different units designed the costumes. However, within the timeline, the Wonder Woman film's Amazonian uniforms were designed and established a full year before the American Gladiator wonderfest that we will be seeing on Friday.
 
Image result for ‘Justice League’ Amazons
 
Amazon costumes
 
DC, please click the links above for the comics you should read. READ the source material. STOP having Zack Snyder pull things out of his ass.
 
I BEG you!!! DON'T FUCK THIS UP!!!!!
 
A fan, despite my brain,
Wendy, the NOT so good Witch

2 comments: