Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Teams Up With Neil Gaiman On A Movie Version Of ‘The Sandman’

Pink is the New Blog


Joseph Gordon-Levitt broke some pretty big news on his officialTwitter profile last night that sent comic book fans into a tizzy as soon as he posted his tweet. JGL has informed us that he is working with author Neil Gaiman and screenwriter David Goyer(from the Batman films) to bring Gaiman‘s comic book series The Sandman to the big screen. As soon as the news started to make the rounds, media outlets started to proclaim that JGL would be starring in and/or directing the film … but he has clarified that — thus far — he has only signed on to produce the film. Click below to read Joe‘s exact tweets to learn the news directly from him and GET EXCITED, y’all! This is very, very good news, I think.
And now for some … big news… (big to me anyway) / Ladies and gentlemen, I’m incredibly honored to be working with David Goyer, Warner Bros, and @neilhimself on SANDMAN. #Prelude / Just to clarify, folks. I’ve signed on as a producer on Sandman. The rest remains to be seen. Delighted you guys are excited. I am too!
For years I have been talking about how Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors of all time, so anything that he is involved in will immediately grab my attention. I’m very happy that both Gaiman and Goyer are involved with this project. Now, where JGL is concerned … I’m happy that he’s involved even if he’s still new to this whole producing thing. I don’t know that he’s ever produced a movie this big before so we don’t have much to go on in that regard. BUT, I do like JGL‘s work in other areas of entertainment and if Neil Gaiman is happy to have him on board the project, then I’m happy to have him on board. The use of the hashtag #Prelude leads me to believe that this first film will focus on the first few comics in the Sandman series, Preludes & Nocturnes, which makes the most sense for the start of a new film franchise. I’m not sure where all the talk of JGLdirecting and/or starring in the movie came from based on the tweets that were posted but let’s just hold our horses and take the good news as it comes. I’ve been DYING for a movie based on The Sandman for years. I cannot wait to see this beloved character come to life. Any other Gaiman/Sandman fans out there? What say you about this movie news?

No comments:

Post a Comment