Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Adam Levine: ‘I love waking up, throwing on some yoga pants’

Yoga Dork

Adam Levine parsva rockasana.
Oh Adam Levine, you are fastly becoming our favorite tattooed celebriyogi rock musician who co-hosts a TV show and has a penchant for speaking his mind about his love for yoga. Look out, Russell Brand.
Here’s the stuff we know, your yoga boyfriend Mr. Levine has been very vocal and rather exposed (ahem) about his yoga practice and how it’s positively affected his life over the past 5 years. His lastest gush comes in the form of an interview in the March 2013 issue of Men’s Health magazine.
Here’s an excerpt – WARNING: this is easily a segue into the yogini’s version of  Shades of Gray:
A brief hour ago, he was relaxed and goofy, gamely striding through the photographer’s frame, flexing his tattooed arms and flashing muscleman poses. But this is different: It’s yoga. And when it comes to yoga, Levine doesn’t mess around.
The yoga asanas become tougher and more athletic: Warrior. Sage. Peacock. Monkey. At one point, the wiry 6-foot, 165-pound Levine balances his entire body weight on his arms. His torso and one leg are parallel to the ground, and the knee of his other leg is drawn up toward his chest. He’s a serious student of the art. Even extending his back into a crescent, balancing on his head, and twisting around himself like a cruller, Levine knows exactly where he is.
Whew…open a window. But there’s more, and we have to warn you again, you may very well fall in love and grow three sizes in your heart chakra.
On why he loves yoga:
“I have a hard time sitting still. I can be all over the map. Yoga has given me the ability to be more focused and make better decisions that come from a clear place.”
On not being a yoga cliche:
“There’s a very specific yoga cliché. Eat these foods, wear these clothes, believe only these things. I don’t want to be that.”
On “winning” yoga:
“A lot of times people will think, ‘I’m strong, I’m in shape; why can’t I do this pose? But that’s not the point. There’s nothing to win in yoga. You just do what you can do, one day to the next.”
On his love for yoga pants (OMG!):
“When you look at anyone who I considered a fashion icon, the clothes are always a collage of different looks and moods. I love waking up, throwing on some yoga pants, and hanging out all day looking like a psycho. And then that night I’ll throw on a suit and go out looking like a businessman. I love that flexibility. I wouldn’t do any of this (stuff) if it weren’t fun.”
[ed: hey! who's a psycho? yoga pants rule]
On the benefits of his practice:
“It’s made me more successful. I love it and don’t know what I’d do without it.”
And with that, Mr. Levine, we are putty. Yoga putty.

No comments:

Post a Comment