BuzzFeed Staff, UK
1. Your cat is constantly trying to steal your food.
Your cat sees themselves as too good for cat food and so will try and steal human food at every opportunity.
2. Yet when you try and give them food to buy their love, they reject you.
3. You can’t wear certain items of clothing because you cat has covered them in cat hair.
6. Sometimes your cat just physically harms you.
They occasionally draw blood.
7. And your cat is no nicer to other cats either.
It doesn’t want to give you love, but it doesn’t want you to get love from elsewhere either.
8. Sometimes your cat will stare at you like they hate you, for no reason whatsoever.
Other than the fact that they do probably hate you.
9. Your cat gets weirdly possessive of you.
They don’t like you, but no one else is allowed to like you either.
12. Your cat is in a constant state of either wanting to be let in, or let out.
13. Your cat’s favourite place to sit is directly in front of the TV.
Especially during important plot points.
15. You have tried to appease your cat with gifts, but they always reject them.
16. Your cat will not tolerate any object staying on any surface.
In your cats eyes all things belong on the floor.
17. Your cat believes that litter definitely belongs outside the box.
18. Your cat will destroy anything to get what he really wants.
21. And for some reason you still love them.
Flo Perry is a staff writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London