Thursday, June 19, 2014

Review - 'Edge of Tomorrow' - A+

By Wendy, the NOT so Good Witch
 
I know this review is later than I normally post, however, I went to 'Edge of Tomorrow' based on word of mouth.  One of my favourite NPR podcasts, 'Pop Culture Happy Hour,' HIGHLY recommended it.  I love Sci-Fi, but for some reason, I just could not cross the 'Tom Cruise is a nutball' factor. 
 
Don't even sweat it.  He gets his cockiness knocked out of him in the first 10 minutes, by MAD EYE MOODY!!!  He is scared, confused, and human.  The film is well written, unpredictable, and very funny.  The cast is fantastic, particularly Emily Blunt as one of the best bad asses in a film since MAD EYE MOODY!!!  (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
 
I will give you no spoilers, but I will furnish a link to purchase the novella and I implore you, see this film in the theater.  A home system will not do it justice.
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment