Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fancy seeing you here: Tom Baker meets an old enemy at Doctor Who launch... as he admits he 'won't rule out return to series'

Fourth Doctor Who, Tom Baker, was in good spirits on Monday, especially as he came face-to-face with a dreaded Dalek while attending a launch for the show.
The actor, who played the Time Lord from 1974 to 1981, blew kisses and even stood with his arm around his sworn enemy outside the Ivy Club in London.
The 80-year-old was in town to celebrate the news that The Horror Channel will begin airing 30 of the best classic Doctor Who episodes from Friday, April 18 at 7pm.
 
New friends: Tom Baker posed with a Dalek outside the Ivy Club in London on Monday at a Doctor Who launch
New friends: Tom Baker posed with a Dalek outside the Ivy Club in London on Monday at a Doctor Who launch

The launch comes as Tom admits he wouldn't rule out a return to the iconic series which he last starred in to celebrate its 50th anniversary special in November 2013.
 
He told Digital Spy: 'I wouldn't rule anything out. If it was a nice part, with some good lines, I might deign to appear.
 
'I greatly admire [Twelfth Doctor Peter] Capaldi. He's lovely and apparently he's a great fan of Doctor Who - he might ask for me.'
 
 
 
 
 
 
But he told The Mirror that he didn't get on too well with certain members of the BBC. He said: 'The monsters on Doctor Who were never so amazing as the monsters on the sixth floor of the BBC.
'There were some improbable looking people there.'
Speaking earlier to members of the press, the actor admitted that he felt 'uneasy' about his Who return, having previously turned down a role in 20th anniversary special The Five Doctors in 1983.
Tom played the Fourth Doctor in the BBC series

'Going to Cardiff on a winter's morning at 4 o'clock couldn't possibly be fun,' he said. 'I was a bit uneasy, but Matt Smith was a charming young man. We did this little scene which people liked a lot.
 
'I turned down The Five Doctors because it wasn't long since I'd left - I had left Doctor Who because I think I'd run my course. Also, I didn't want to play 20% [of the part] - I didn't fancy being a feed for other Doctors. In fact, it filled me with horror!
 
'Now, of course, if someone asked me to do a scene with some other Doctors, I think, if they let me tamper with the script, it would probably be quite droll.'
Will he, won't he? The actor admitted that he felt 'uneasy' about his Who return, having previously turned down a role in 20th anniversary special in 1983

No comments:

Post a Comment