Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SPOILERS - Doctor Who and Captain Jack News


Why Jack Won’t Be Back for 50th

John Barrowman has spoken some more on why Captain Jack won’t be returning for the 50th anniversary special.
Barrowman told TVLine: “Everyone on Twitter tries to make it like it’s my decision, but the bottom line is I was not asked. [The Powers That Be] don’t want to put Jack in it. And I know fans are really upset about it, as was I.”
“People have tried to say it’s my schedule; it’s absolutely not,” he insists. ”I was told by the producers of Arrow that if I was asked to do the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who they’d let me go and do it. It was nothing to do with my schedule. It’s just a matter of fact that I wasn’t asked.”
He adds: “I understand why they did it. They want to move forward, they want to try some different things… I know from how [former EP exec producer Russell T. Davies] approached things, they’re not doing [the special] just for the uber fan; they’re doing it for the wider audience. And if they’re going to bring a character back it wouldn’t be just for the uber fan, it would be for everybody. So perhaps that’s the thinking they had. I don’t know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment